DS Techwrite as an organisation that commenced operation on September 1, 1987 with the responsibility to prepare Technical Documentation for the Australian Defence Force (ADF) Procurement Project.
The ADF project ended in June 1988; however during the conduct of this project other opportunities became available, including:
- Creation of Technical documents for a second ADF project being undertaken by Haulmark Trailers (Australia).
- Development of training for underground coal mines in conjunction with Performance Training on behalf of the Queensland Coal Association.
- Development of Training documents for Power Brewing’s then newly developed brewery located at Yatala, QLD. This brewery is now the jewel in the crown of Carlton United Breweries.
Throughout this period DS Techwrite continued involvement with ADF projects, particularly with Haulmark Trailers (Australia), and became heavily involved with the development of Training Documentation for companies such as:
- Queensland Breweries Limited, Yatala, Queensland.
- Meadow Lea Foods, Murarrie, Queensland.
- Sunstate Cement, Fisherman’s Island, Queensland.
- Laminex Industries, Gympie, Queensland.
- Australian Paper, Petrie, Queensland.
DS Techwrite has continued to be involved with ADF projects on behalf of or in conjunction with Haulmark Trailers (Australia), Mack Trucks (Australia) Project Outcomes and ADF direct.
In the mid 1990’s DS Techwrite became a Distributor/Contract Publisher on behalf of Mincom Limited (now known as Ventyx), located in Brisbane Australia, for Mincom’s LinkOne suite of products. This association continues to the present day. DS Techwrite is the only certified Australian Distributor of Ventyx LinkOne (formerly Mincom LinkOne), the leading publishing distribution tool for electronic maintenance documentation.
In another venture to differentiate itself from the crowd, DS Techwrite entered a unique partnership with Inmedius, adopting the internationally popular Inmedius S1000D Publishing suite, becoming the first organisation in Australia to do so.
In October 2007, DS Techwrite’s long term partnership with Haulmark Trailers (Australia) reached new highs. Subject to successful negotiations, Haulmark Trailers (Australia) are to supply new trailers to the ADF. DS Techwrite has undertaken the task of developing and maintaining Technical Documents for the life of this project.
DS Techwrite has grown a reputation for being Australia’s premier technical writing organisation, dedicated to the preparation and publishing of quality technical documents. With over 25 years’ experience in the technical documentation field, and pioneers in web-based, access anywhere electronic documentation, DS Techwrite are the perfect partners to help you reach your documentation goals.
DS Techwrite as a company invest time in assisting our customers and helping to provide the most resourceful documentation our customers require. There is no job that is too big or small for DS Techwrite, as we cover a wide range of customers ranging from small businesses to national and international companies.